Q: Brake pressure drops with bumpy roads

For whatever reason, my 2011 Toyota Prius with only 50,000 miles on it cannot keep brake pressure when going over bumps. Now, once I knew to expect it, single bumps are ok. Bumpy roads, though, are terrifying. I never know how long it will take me to stop so I go very slow, giving Prius drivers everywhere a bad name. I need to fix this, pronto. What part is likely to be the culprit?

A: The brake accumulators on the Prius earlier...

The brake accumulators on the Prius earlier models were prone to crack from vibrations and cause brakes pressure loss. I would contact your dealer to run your vehicle identification number to check to see if your brakes are covered under a brake recall. If you are not covered under any recalls then I would suggest contacting YourMechanic to verify the issue and test the system for any computer codes.