Q: Brake pressure drops with bumpy roads

For whatever reason, my 2011 Toyota Prius with only 50,000 miles on it cannot keep brake pressure when going over bumps. Now, once I knew to expect it, single bumps are ok. Bumpy roads, though, are terrifying. I never know how long it will take me to stop so I go very slow, giving Prius drivers everywhere a bad name. I need to fix this, pronto. What part is likely to be the culprit?

The brake accumulators on the Prius earlier models were prone to crack from vibrations and cause brakes pressure loss. I would contact your dealer to run your vehicle identification number to check to see if your brakes are covered under a brake recall. If you are not covered under any recalls then I would suggest contacting YourMechanic to verify the issue and test the system for any computer codes.