Q: Brake lights are not working.

asked by on February 13, 2017

My brake lights are not working even after changing the light bulbs. The emergency lights are working as well as the third light. What could be the problem and how could it be fixed.

Brake light is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Check the turn signal switch and see if its sticking in place. A bad turn-signal switch may interrupt the brake light circuit and cause the brake lights to not function. Also a broken wire to or from the brake light switch may also cause the brake lights to malfunction. Trace all of the wiring to and from the brake lights and the switch and see if there is a loose or broke wire. If you need further assistance with your brake lights not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.