Q: Brake lights

My tail light brake lights don't work. It's weird because the turn signals and everything work and my third brake light works. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi there:

When the brake lights quit working, but the tail lights are still active, the most likely cause is the brake light switch. This switch activates the brake lights when the brake pedal is depressed. It is usually located on the brake pedal mechanism. Before you go out and buy a new brake light switch and install it, you might want to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a brake lights are not working inspection first; so they can verify where the issue exists and recommend the right repairs. This is a safety issue, so you should do this as soon as possible.

3. Brake lights