Q: Brake issues

Hello, I recently changed all of the following on my 2003 Silverado 1500, master cylinder, vacuum brake booster, vacuum hose from booster to the back of the block, brake pads and rotors, calipers, and brake hoses from the caliper to the metal line, bled almost 2 gallons of brake fluid through the system to get out all the air from the lines, I watched video on YouTube about purging abs pump but my scanner isn't able to perform the purge, when I apply the brakes quickly my truck doesn't stop on a dime like it use to, if I pump the brake peddle 3-4 times it gets hard and I'm able to stop, please help I don't know what else to do and can't afford to take it to the dealer or mechanic shop. Thanks for your time

A: With the engine off, pump brakes several ti...

With the engine off, pump brakes several times to deplete the brake booster assist. If you disconnect the front brake line at the master cylinder and have assistant push brake pedal down slow until it's to the floor. Keep your foot on the floor until fluid coming out has no air, then reinstall and tighten the line and then let off the brakes. Do the same steps for rear line on master cylinder then bleed brakes using clear hose and bottle with fluid in it starting with right rear and then left rear, right front, and left front. Then see if brakes are firm.

If rear brake shoes are adjusted up and you still have a low pedal, then you may need to have the system pressure bled using a pressure bleeder. To have this issue inspected, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to inspect your brake system and let you know what needs adjustment or repair.