Q: BMW 530 iDrive turns on and off

I have a 2006 BMW 530 and basically at times the idrive screen doesn't turn on. It will cycle between on and off. It is random and doesn't do this every time.

Hi there. The iDrive is essentially a computer program-operated system, which means that it’s something that typically needs to be reviewed and repaired by a BMW dealership. Some mechanics believe that if you disconnect the battery cables and reset the computer, it can resolve this issue. However, since this could impact safety systems, it’s a good idea to set up an appointment with your dealership, so they can determine why this is happening to your BMW.

3. BMW 530 iDrive turns on and off