Q: bmw 335i rear main seal

asked by on February 24, 2018

Hello i wanted to ask what would be the parts needed to fix a rear main seal on a 2007 bmw 335i ?

The part required is the seal. A variety of special tools are required to perform the replacement including an engine support bar (and accessories), a transmission jack, a calibrated torque wrench, a flywheel holding tool, a seal removal tool and the seal installation tool (BMW seal installation tool No. 11 8 220 or equivalent). The transmission removal instructions and the torque specifications to re-install the transmission are in the Factory Service Manual and the job can’t be done properly without those instructions and data. If you desire replacement of the rear main seal, please inquire of customer service (Tel: 1-844-249-6752 ) as to availability of this service in your service area. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.