Q: Blinkers occasionally work

The blinkers only work once in awhile. Sometimes I hit the dashboard and they work. Other times they don't work at all. Sometimes they work all day.

If the blinker comes on when you hit the dash I believe your hazard switch may be bad. The contacts on the hazard switch fail when they get hot and the heater is running. It appears to be a common problem and that can be fixed by replacing the hazard switch. A technician from YourMechanic will be glad to replace the turn signal switch for you if needed.

3. Blinkers occasionally work