Q: Best way to fix Lexus flat spare tire

I have a 2005 Lexus LS 430 that has a flat spare tire. What is the best way to repair the flat spare?

Hi Felicia. Thanks for contacting us today. Unfortunately, when you have a hole or leak in a spare tire, it’s something that can’t be repaired. Spare tires (unless it’s a full-sized spare) are factory sealed, and tire repair facilities will not fix them. However, it is quite common for them to slowly leak air if it’s not used. It’s recommended to check the air pressure in your spare tire anytime you have the tires rotated. I would ask a tire facility to check the spare to see if there is an actual leak. If there is, your best option is to replace it.

3. Best way to fix Lexus flat spare tire