Q: Beeps at high speeds, just started a really rough idle and smells like smoke when I start it

My dash will beep at me randomly, at high speeds. It'll stop beeping when I slow down, typically it beeps around 60 mph and stops around 30 mph. My check engine light has been on for a while, for a small evap leak, a massive evap leak and my throttle position sensor. I've ignored it for months because I can't afford to take it to a shop. There seemed to be an intermittent delay on the accelerator early on. Recently, I've had issues keeping up speed. My 4 cylinder wrangler at stock height runs on 33s I normally have to keep it in 4th to bring it up to 55 before I can shift into 5th and maintain speed. Lately it's gotten worse. I can't maintain speed most of the time in 5th, I just lose speed slowly in that gear, even at slight incline. In the past, it would have difficulty getting into forth gear. I would try to shift and it would refuse to go into 4th, like it was hitting a wall instead of going in the slot. Today it has a rough idle and smells smokey. What could this be?

A: The codes you are getting may have somethin...

The codes you are getting may have something to do with the issues and should be the first things to check. You should have the system checked to see if there are more codes at this point. A large vapor leak may be from a vacuum leak or a purge valve leaking. The throttle position sensor can cause everything from no acceleration, hesitations, and no starts. I’d suggest getting your car looked at by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the tools and capability to properly diagnose your Check Engine Light. The necessary repairs can then be made once the issues have been pinpointed.