Q: Battery light is on

While I was driving the battery light turned on and my cluster lights turned off when i accelerated the car also the gauges went down, as i begun to slow down and come to a stop it would turn back on. The next morning the car would start at all, i couldn't even unlock it with the key button. I got a brand new battery after getting the old one tested because the old battery didn't hold a charge, and the same thing is happening with the new battery.

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 2001 Volkswagen Jetta to have the battery light on and the car not starting. Replacing the battery was a great place to start as this is one of the likely causes for the battery light and not starting. Many other faults will cause the battery light to be on as well such as the alternator, battery cable, drive belt, belt tensioner, battery terminal or a wiring harness fault. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your battery light and make any repairs required.

3. Battery light is on