2008 Mini, got an oil change 5w30 full synthetic, 2 days ...

Q: 2008 Mini, got an oil change 5w30 full synthetic, 2 days later oil fluid warning turned on. Few days later temp light came on. Car j

asked by on August 11, 2017

08 mini, got an oil change 5w30 full synthetic, 2 days later oil fluid warning turned on. Few days later temp light came on. No visible under carriage leak. Blowing white smoke at start. Smells smoggy. Car oil light came on and I had to refill with 4 quarts yesterday. Today same issue n the oil was gone. I added about 4 quarts of oil 5w30.

Hello. If everything was fine prior to changing the oil then that oil needs to be drained from the engine and another oil should be used. It is possible that you got a bad batch of oil depending on the brand that you used. When this happens it may be too thin and can easily bypass areas of the engine and enter the combustion chamber causing this.