Q: Battery keeps dying

My car battery keeps dying, and when I get a boost off it make my lights flicker and it don't leave my car on long before it act as if it don't want to take off or stay on but it never cut completely off unless I cut it off and when I cut it off it doesn't crank unless I have a boost off

A: The first thing to do is to have the batter...

The first thing to do is to have the battery fully charged and tested to see if it can take a load of at least 150 amps for 15 seconds. If battery is not holding a charge or load then replace battery. If the battery test good or the battery is replaced then have the charging system tested to see if the alternator is putting out about 13.5 volts and over 60 amps at 2000 rpms. If the alternator test bad then check the wiring to the alternator is not damaged and replace alternator. The system should be checked by a qualified mechanic like one from YourMechanic that can come to your location and repair your vehicle for you.