Q: How do you turn on the high beams?

How do you turn on the high beams?

While your car has low beam headlights that should be used for most driving situations, it also has high beam headlights. These are for use in areas where there is little-to-no oncoming traffic and there are no street lights (such as on rural roads at night). Here’s how to change the headlights from low to high beam:

1. Make sure the ignition is on or the engine is running.
  2. Turn the headlights on by moving the control knob to the second position.
  3. Locate the turn signal switch on the side of the steering column.
  4. Push the turn signal switch forward to change from low beams to high beams.
  5. Pull the switch back toward you to change from high beams to low beams.

For more information on using your high beams, check out this article: https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/4-essential-things-to-know-about-your-car-s-high-beams

Tip:

To flash your high beams, pull backward on the turn signal switch quickly and then release it (with the headlights set to low beams).