Q: Battery draining for some reason.

Something is pulling the battery down when we leave it parked for over 12 hours. I took the ground cable off and hooked a test light in between and pulled fuses one at a time. Only one made the light blink. Could it be pulling that hard on the battery or is there something else I could try?

A: It does sound to me that your car is experi...

It does sound to me that your car is experiencing an electrical component that is drawing power away from the battery. This most happens when the vehicle is off and sitting overnight just as was mentioned. From the description provided, you have attempted to test for this parasitic draw on your Firebird already, and you are indeed on the right track because that is indeed what is happening to your car. However, a test light will not help us in this situation. A digital amperage meter with a 20 amp fuse will need to be hooked up in series with the negative battery cable. Enlisting the help of a certified mechanic will allow them to perform a parasitic draw test on your vehicle and diagnose exactly what is causing the drain on our car’s battery quickly and efficiently.