Q: Battery dead after summer vacation

I tried to start my car after returning from my summer vacation, but it won't start. I'm pretty sure the battery is dead, even though jumpstarting it did not work.

A: I would recommend starting with having your...

I would recommend starting with having your battery charged and then load tested to ensure it will function properly. If not, have the battery replaced. If the battery tests good and the vehicle still will not turn over, the starter may be faulty. If this is the case, I would recommend having the starter tested for twelve volts from the battery when the key is turned by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. If the starter is getting twelve volts and will not operate, the starter motor is faulty. I would recommend having the starter replaced as soon as you can if this is the case in order to make use of your vehicle.