Q: Battery and Smell issue in PHV

Dear concern, I have plugin Toyota Prius hybrid model 2012. Initially last year when I bought it after every charge car gave aprox 26 km on screen which reduced gradually to 16.50 km. vehicle average is also reduced. No code rest everything fine but one thing to mention here that after shifting to power mode car interior is smelling very bad. Please guide

I would recommend looking in your owner’s manual or calling your local dealership to see what the recommended charge times are for this vehicle. It is possible that your vehicle’s battery is being overcharged. This would result in a decreased battery life and ultimately a lower range of kilometers that your vehicle can travel. Overcharging of the battery could also explain the burning smell. I would not advise charging the vehicle overnight like a cell phone as this could be a cause of overcharging. Be sure to only charge the vehicle the amount of time that the manufacturer recommends.

3. Battery and Smell issue in PHV