Q: Bad instant acceleration on high speeds. Works just fine on low end speeds 0-60.

On the highway when I'm going about 70 I give it gas but the Jeep doesn't react quickly. It will accelerate if you hold it down for a couple seconds but not as quick as it should. I noticed it sometimes doesn't even accelerate. I have to give it even more gas to see if something will happen. It jumps to about 3000-4000 RPM from 2000 and starts to accelerate faster as if it shifted to a lower gear. A couple months ago after a 3 hour long highway drive I got into the city roads with lights. After stopping on a light I remember the Jeep would not want to accelerate lightly. I'd have to give it more gas and it would jump in RPM as if it wasn't receiving enough fuel. My guess is the fuel pump or fuel filter but I wanted to ask a professional before acting. Thank You.

3. Bad instant acceleration on high speeds. Works just fine on low end speeds 0-60.