Q: Backfires and doesn't do anything

My car runs at idle, but has a very bad backfire, and doesn't do anything when the gas pedal is pushed.

3. Backfires and doesn't do anything

Q: How to remove a front right CV Axle on a 2000 honda passport

Hi there. Removing the CV axle shaft on the Passport can be rather tricky if you've never done this before on a similar vehicle. There are over 30 individual steps listed in the Honda service manual, which I'd recommend you...

Q: I was driving down the road and lost power. Stepped on the gas and the car wouldn't accelerate, but didn't rev up either. Got back home on idle.

Sounds as if the throttle pedal position sensor is not responding when stepping on the gas pedal. Try turning on the ignition key to the 'ON' position with the engine off and step on the gas pedal to the floor....

Q: What do I do to get my car started. Neither ignition key will start car

To determine if an easy resolution exists, please refer to YourMechanic's DIY stuck key remedies page. If none of the many suggestions on that page resolve your issue, it will be most efficient if a certified mechanic travels right to...