Q: back windshield broke will leaving it in the rain cause any damage to the car? besides the seats getting wet lol

Will leaving my car with no back windshield in the rain cause any car electrical damage?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Typically there are a few things you want to be concerned about. The seat may be in the path to get wet, but the rain can blow in effecting front seats and other components. If your rear window had a defroster, there is an electrical connection for that which is now exposed. There are typically wires running through that area of the trunk as well. These will be running to the tail lights and the center rear brake light. If these wires can get wet from water draining inside, then they are at risk as well. If you can cover the seat with a plastic bag or other form of protection, it would be best. Anything water resistant will at least keep a majority of the water and wind out of the vehicle.

• back windshield broke will leaving it in the rain cause any damage to the car? besides the seats getting wet lol