Q: Back wheels do not freely spin when vehicle is jacked.

I got new tires put on last week. Then I wanted to do an alignment, so I went in and had another shop do a wheel alignment. After the alignment, the mechanic brought me to my car while it was jacked up, and showed me that both the back wheels did not spin freely and he said I should get that checked out and fixed before driving too much. He said it could possibly be a brake issue but offered no further details. There are some small squeaks occasionally when I brake, but no other noises or shakes noticeable.

Hi there. There are two possible source of this issue; either the parking brake is stuck; causing the brakes to engage at all times, or the wheel bearings are damaged. A professional mobile mechanic can complete a rear wheel inspection for you if you’d like; which will verify what is causing this issue.