Q: Back wheels area noise

After I had the tires rotated on my car, it has started to make unusual sounds. It seems to be coming from the area around the rear tire. The high-pitched whistling sound is noticeable at both high and low speeds. However, it gets worse while driving slowly and especially while braking or turning the wheel. The sound is very annoying and loud. I noticed that the rear wheels look different from the front ones. The rear ones have a mechanical setup with metal parts that seems to touch. I'm wondering if the rotation job they did could cause these issues. What do you think is wrong here? Thanks.

A: The Kia Forte has rear disc brakes. It is p...

The Kia Forte has rear disc brakes. It is possible that when the tires were removed, the brake shield that protects the rear rotor was bent into the rotor which will cause a terrible scraping noise while driving. The rotor guard can be pushed away from the rotor so that there is no contact. However, the rear tire may need to be removed to do this.

You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can diagnose the cause of the noise, and safely remove the wheel and reposition the rotor guard if necessary.