Q: Axle boot

got my oil changed and they told me the right front axle boot is broken. Wondering what estimated repair costs would be and how serious this is. Is it something that could potentially fall apart while I'm driving? is something that left unrepaired can induce further suspension issues on the vehicle.

A: You would need to have the axle replaced or...

You would need to have the axle replaced or the boot replaced if there is no joint damage. The joint will get damaged from dirt and debris getting in it when the boot is torn. The labor to replace the axle is a minimum of 1.5 hours in most cases. The axle is procured and priced locally to you. If you would like to have a second opinion on the vehicle, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the suspension and guide you through repairs.