Will the transmission control solenoid be the same as the...

Will the transmission control solenoid be the same as the transmission control module Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked? Just changed radiator 5 months ago so I did transmission flush the...

Will the transmission control solenoid be the same as the transmission control module Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked? Just changed radiator 5 months ago so I did transmission flush then Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your transmissions? Audi A6 2001 2.8 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A6 yourself? What have you tried so far? Ive fixed radiator, then alternator in the summer and it was riding good Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Car doesn’t move when i put in drive or reverse unless I rev it first, code P0741 is on

Automotive Expert
Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for contacting us for assistance with your vehicle. I'm Ron. I will be happy to assist you with your question. May I ask to whom I have the pleasure of speaking with today?

Luis Lara
Automotive Expert
Good morning Luis. Nice to see you today! I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem. I know this can be frustrating. Please give me one moment to type out some information for you. Sit tight one minute. I'll be right back !

Thank you Ron.
Automotive Expert
Thank you for holding Luis, The transmission control module controls the transmission shift points to the control solenoids and is separate units as well. The code 17125/P0741 indicates a torque converter malfunction. Audi has released a service bulletin dealing with this code as well that calls for replacing the torque converter due to an internal oil seal failure and if this is the code your actually getting then the service bulletin likely applies. I have enclosed the service bulletin as well in the link below for your review. [https://www.dropbox.com/s/sllt3hhsosal56j/Torque%20conveter%20Service%20bulletin%20Feb%2022.pdf?dl=0](https://www.dropbox.com/s/sllt3hhsosal56j/Torque%20conveter%20Service%20bulletin%20Feb%2022.pdf?dl=0)

I was thinking the same thing about it being the torque converter even though it feels like it’s could be the control module or something smaller since the car doesn’t shake and I had literally just did a 6-7 hour round trip in the car before it started stalling
Automotive Expert
When the converter seal fails, the transmission can not build pressure and with no pressure, it's not going to move. The code 17125/P0741 is in fact a torque converter code and not a transmission control module code.
Automotive Expert
Thank you again, Luis, for choosing Just Answer for your questions. I hope I was able to answer your question to your satisfaction. If you have any follow-up questions please feel free to hit the "Reply" button below. Please feel free to request me in the future for any additional questions you may have. I hope this all works out well for you! Have a great day, Ron!

Thank you Ron, I will put as a favorite
Automotive Expert
Your very welcome Luis, thank you as well.

I put the code reader right now and I got a couple other code showing, wondering if you could help?
Automotive Expert
Can you tell me what the codes are?

P0011, P0150, P0491, P0420
Automotive Expert
Okay thank you for the clarification, unfortunately, these are not transmission codes and considered a new topic. Unfortunately, due to the website Terms of Service, I am not allowed to answer a different question/vehicle/problem on the same thread. Only "follow-up" questions pertaining to the original question, are allowed to continue on the same thread. If you have a different question, you are required to start a new thread. (Sorry, JustAnswer rules!).