Q: At speeds of 15-25 mph, the rear wheels make a weird sound, but when I brake or accelerate, it goes away.

At speeds of 15-25 mph, the rear wheels make a weird sound, but when I brake or accelerate, it goes away.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Wheel noises can...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Wheel noises can be caused by several different possible issues. The type of sound you are hearing will help to determine what the issue is. Is it a popping sound, a squealing sound, grinding, or something else? There could be an issue with the brakes, a wheel bearing, or even a part of the suspension. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.