Q: Any advice for me in the possible purchase of a 2008 BMW X5 3.0si with 86,970 Miles? Have a Hyundai Genesis 4.6 today but it doesn

I read some articles indicating it's an expensive vehicle to own. Common concerns I see are bigger ticket replacement items after the 70K mile marker or so such as: Radiator, coolant expansion tank, valve cover gaskets. I drive controller, water pump, Hydraulic sway bar, Vanos solenoids, etc.

Any thoughts on this model/year being problematic? The last several years the vehicle has only averaged about 7K/year.

Hello. If you are not used to owning a vehicle such as the BMW X5 you would see that it is an expensive vehicle to own. Over time the X5 will have a much higher cost of ownership than your Hyundai. When this vehicle exceeds about 75,000 miles they can have a lot of issues with the items you mentioned as well as my other parts. These are great and safe vehicles, but I do not typically recommend getting one unless you are prepared for the possibility of a high cost of ownership. If you do purchase one it may be beneficial to you to purchase an extended warranty or at the vehicle least have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, do a [pre-purchase inspection for you] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/pre-purchase-car-inspection

3. Any advice for me in the possible purchase of a 2008 BMW X5 3.0si with 86,970 Miles? Have a Hyundai Genesis 4.6 today but it doesn