Q: Always having to charge battery

asked by on February 05, 2016

My car battery keeps losing its charge. I replaced the starter recently and I only drive it on Sundays. As soon as I turn it off it won't start again, and I have to charge it with a portable charger.

If your car will run fine once it is started, but will not restart once it is turned off then most of the time that is a sign of a bad battery. The battery would need to be load tested to see if it is going bad. It can also be a bad battery cable so that should be tested at the same time with a voltage tester. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your batteries and charging system.