Q: Alignment ,no set screws.a mechanic says need to grind something down to adjust it? Seems not right

My car needed bushings.now it needs an alignment because of that . The mechanic says that the set screws don't exist. So he'll have to grind something down to adjust it. Is that sound right?

Hi there:

Any mechanic who is attempting to perform a suspension alignment and says that they need to fabricate OEM components to do so is NOT qualified to complete a suspension alignment. You should ALWAYS take your vehicle into a professional suspension alignment shop for this very critical service.

• Alignment ,no set screws.a mechanic says need to grind something down to adjust it? Seems not right