Q: Air conditioning is blowing hot air - car stalls when A/C is on

My car is having several problems. First, it is a while before it will start. Second, the air conditioning is blowing only hot air. It is summer here, but before sending this too you I also checked the heat and when I turned it on, it only blew room-temperature air. Another problem with the air conditioning is that the air is not blowing from the vents. Also, when I have the a/c on, my car idles rough. The last item is that when I’m driving, my car stalls. What should I do to find the cause of all of these problems?

In order to diagnose all the different problems you have, I having the A/C pressures checked to see if the system is low on refrigerant from a leaking compressor or another component. The rough idle may be due to a dirty throttle body and idle control system. If you would like to have this checked for you, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the A/C and rough idle in order to proceed with the proper repairs.

3. Air conditioning is blowing hot air - car stalls when A/C is on