Q: Air belt broke, put another on and it snapped right away.

Air belt broke, new one put on and it shredded instantly

A: If the A/C belt is getting shredded, then y...

If the A/C belt is getting shredded, then you need to check to see if the A/C pulley, tensioner or any other accessory on the belt is locked up. The A/C pulley and other pulleys should turn free with little to no resistance. Any binding or out of alignment pulleys need to be repaired. If you need to have this checked, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose your A/C system and let you know what component is failing. From there, they can replace your A/C belt, and repair or adjust another part that needs fixing.