Q: After replacing TPMS valve, does the warning light automatically goes away?

Greetings: After replacing TPMS valve in one of the tires, does the warning light on dash board automatically goes away or is there some equipment needed to resynchronize the sensor? 2007 Mazda 3i. Thank you.

The light will not reset itself until you have the new sensor communicate to the TPMS module. This takes a calibration process that most any tire store should be able to do and some mechanics that have the proper scanner that can do the calibration for you. If a TPMS module communicated with any sensor, then we would have every car on the road near us sensor’s data. This keeps the module only looking at your sensors once programmed. If you want to have your TPMS Light taken care of, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location and perform this task for you.

3. After replacing TPMS valve, does the warning light automatically goes away?