Q: After I replaced my center bearing, a knocking sound from under the truck had occurred, and it has been slowly getting worse.

I've noticed this pronounced knocking sound after I replaced my center bearing not long ago. The knocking happens when I drive over bumps and while in a turn. I've tried shaking, moving, and pushing any thing under the truck including the drive shaft to reproduce the sound with no luck. When I replaced the bearing, I lifted the truck up by the frame. So I thought maybe it was the suspension. I tried jumping on the truck but still with out the sound.

Hi, thanks for writing in. It sounds like you have a drive shaft or a half shaft issue. When you get under your car, try moving the axle back and forth. Any play could potentially be your sound. If you do get movement, remove your tire and tighten the nut on the hub and maybe this will solve your mystery. If not, check your drive shafts and see if you have play in them also. I am sure one of theses are your issues. I hope this helps. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this noise issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. After I replaced my center bearing, a knocking sound from under the truck had occurred, and it has been slowly getting worse.