Q: After 20 min. of driving mixed city/highway you can feel resistance and it builds to finely engine stops.

Last time I was driving this truck, after 20.+ Min. I could feel a small resistance when driving on the highway and when I came to a steep hill I was driving maybe 20 Miles/Hour the resistance was building so finely in the middle of the hill it died I had peddle to the floor. While this was happening you could feel the engine shaking. The truck did not have any load. After letting the truck rest for 30 Min. I could continue and drive it home with difficulty. I checked all the normal fluids and that was O.K. Few days later I started it up and it was running like normal and drove it around the block and it acted as normal. I could not smell any thing burnt like brakes or oil. Could it be related to drive train problem?

The problem you are having is most likely from a loss of fuel pressure or fuel volume due to clogged filters or a defective fuel pump. To do a complete diagnosis the fuel system will need to be checked for the proper volume and pressures. Also, the computer will need to be checked for any codes that points to a failure in the ignition system. However, I still think the fuel system is the most probable cause of your failure. I recommend having a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come and diagnose your car’s stalling issue. They will be able to come to your home or office to make any repairs that are needed.

3. After 20 min. of driving mixed city/highway you can feel resistance and it builds to finely engine stops.