Q: Advice on which part to replace on a '95 Mustang GT

There is a small list of stuff on my '95 Mustang GT that needs to be replaced--power steering rack, front and rear main seals, oil pan gasket, inner tie rods, regulator motor, battery train. Which one should I replace first?

A: I’d say the steering rack, because if you h...

I’d say the steering rack, because if you have problems with steering that can be very dangerous. Then I’d do the front main seal and oil pan gasket if the tie rods are really worn, I’d change them when I change the power steering rack. Maybe you just need either the rack or the power steering tie rods. Check and see which one you need first. It might only need the tie rods or you might only need the rack. It might be best to get a general inspection, this way you will be able to know if there are any major or pressing problems that need to be fixed sooner than later.