Q: Advice on buying a 2001 Honda Civic

I'm looking for a 2001 Honda Civic, 5-speed with 140,000 miles and a new timing belt, water pump and 130,000 miles. Runs and drives great. Asking for 3,000. What do you think?

Well, 3,000 is a reasonable amount of money for a car that’s had over 140,000 miles, but if he really has proof that it has a new timing belt, a water pump, and that it runs and drives great, well then why not buy it? Hondas go for a reasonable amount of money and I’ve seen some with 340,000 miles on them. It doesn’t seem like that bad of a deal, it is somewhat pricy but cars aren’t cheap these days and depending on the area you live in, that’s often just the going price. I would, however, have a professional mechanic give the car a pre-purchase inspection to make sure the car is running right. This way, you can make your purchase with confidence.