Why doesn’t my car give out cold air? I’ve tried rechargi...

Why doesn’t my car give out cold air? I’ve tried recharging it once but it wouldn’t take the cold air in ...

Why doesn’t my car give out cold air? I’ve tried recharging it once but it wouldn’t take the cold air in

Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I’ll be glad to assist you with your question today. I am an ASE certified technician and Service Manager with over 20 years of hands on experience helping to provide solutions for my customer’s issues. My experience includes both dealership and independent repair facilities in technical and customer facing roles, so I have the ability to handle the technical aspects and communicate them efficiently and effectively as possible. <u><strong>During this conversation you will receive an automatic offer for a phone call. This offer is not generated by me but by the website and is outside of my control.</strong></u> I’m sorry that you’re having unexpected issues with your vehicle and I will do my best to help you resolve them. Please understand that through this process we will be working together. As I am not there, you might be asked to work as my eyes and ears to help gather basic information to help identify and resolve your specific problem. As I don’t know your level of expertise, please don’t be offended if the questions I ask seem rudimentary, I am simply trying to guide you through the issue as simply and accurately as possible. My aim is to give you the best service possible by providing an accurate answer. Unfortunately, as you may be aware an accurate answer is not always a popular answer. Sometimes it will take me time to respond as I review your information, compare it to my resources and think through the potential options to ensure my answer is as accurate as possible. I appreciate your patience and remember even if I don’t respond immediately I am working diligently on your issue.

Ok sure thank you
Automotive Expert
There are several things that will cause an AC system not to work. Below is a basic list of what can cause this issue: - Freon leak or overfilled - Electrical issue in the system or controls - Restriction/Debris in the system - Failed AC compressor - Unstable system pressure - Control panel failure - Fuse/power source - Engine overheating - Radiator issue - AC condenser - Evaporator core leak The first step is to measure the pressure in the system using an AC manifold gauge. This will help identify the issue in the system. It could be possible that you overfilled the system. Most AC systems have safeguards to prevent the lines from exploding when the pressure is too high. The system also shuts down when the freon gets too low to prevent system damage.
Automotive Expert
If you don't have a solid understanding of AC systems and the proper tools to check the system (AC manifold gauge) then the best option would be to take it to a professional shop for an inspection. Most shops perform an AC check for $30-$50 which is much less than purchasing a set of gauges over $100. But if you do have gauges I can walk you through connecting them to your vehicle and reading the pressures. However, the first thing I would do is confirm the AC compressor clutch is engaging when you turn the AC on. Next, I would test for power at the small wire at the AC clutch to see if you are getting a power signal there. This will help you confirm if the compressor has failed, the clutch has failed or if there is no power getting there. No power could be a failure or by design as the system in not being turned on for a specific reason (i.e. overfilled or underfilled). . Freon should never be added without the appropriate gauges as the system must be at the appropriate level to operate properly. . I’m glad that I was able to answer your question today. My goal is to ensure you receive a 5 STAR experience. Once you’re satisfied with my answer please take the time to rate me 5 stars at the top of your computer screen or by following the link on your phone. These ratings are extremely important to us experts. Tips are never expected by greatly appreciated as they make up a large part of our income. If you have further questions, please request me by using the following link and entering your question into the box. This ensures your questions comes directly to me: [https://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-yourautoinspector/](//www.justanswer.com/car/expert-yourautoinspector/) Thanks again for using Just Answer!!

Okay so I don’t have the set of gauges, so what is the ax compressor clutch?
Automotive Expert
That is the electromagnetic piece on the front of the compressor that is pulled in when energized to move the valves inside the compressor when needed and allow it to free spin when not. See link below for detailed description: https://www.cashcarsbuyer.com/ac-compressor-clutch/#:~:text=When%20your%20car's%20AC%20system,attached%20to%20your%20AC%20compressor.&text=It%20makes%20your%20AC%20compressor,of%20your%20entire%20AC%20system.

Sounds good thank you very much
Automotive Expert
You're very welcome.