Q: Ac compressor leak

Dye test revealed my A/C compressor has leak and got a compressor and accessories replacement costing around $1000. I dont have that money​ right now. I removed the fuse of A/C to keep it stop. If I use A/C seal leak products and then refill with refrigerants , will it work? will using a/c leak sealants cause additional problems to other A/C system parts? Seeking advice.

A: A/C leak sealant is only good if you have a...

A/C leak sealant is only good if you have a rubber seal that is dry and hard and a sealer that is designed to soften the seals. It may help, but in most cases it will not seal a compressor front seal. The sealer may cause other components to get restricted. If you want to try and drive on this, then it may cost you more in future repairs if it clogs anything. You may just get cold air for a while and not have any problems. If you end up deciding that you want to replace the AC compressor, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to perform this service.