Q: Abs pump is bad but the part is discontinued

Hi so my brakes failed on my car so I had it towed to a mechanic near my house. He tells me my brakes lines are bad but my abs pump is bad also leaking I think he said and he can't get a part because they don't make it anymore. He said if I get a used one it will probably fail quickly and I'll be in the same situation. Do I have any options aside from selling it to a junk yard?

I can say that there are a couple of options for your situation. You can try to have a used ABS pump installed, but you take a gamble of the uncertainty of that part until it’s on your vehicle and how long it will work for, if it does work. There are specialty shops that deal specifically with rebuilding ABS pumps; your existing pump can be removed from the vehicle and sent out to this specialty shop for repairs and then sent back to be reinstalled.

I would recommend enlisting the assistance of one of our certified mobile technicians to come over and inspect the ABS and braking system. They will be able to confirm what needs to be addressed to repair your braking system and assist you with the repairs needed to get you back on the road safely.

3. Abs pump is bad but the part is discontinued