Q: 98 automatic altima: rad fans wont kick on unless ac is on.

radiator fans wont kick on unless the ac is turned on. I believe this is causing the car to overheat as it does so within a couple of minutes. the coolant system has been flushed. the temp sensor, sender, radiator, and thermostat have all been replaced. and the relays have been tested.

If the car only overheats when it is sitting still, the fans not coming on could be a factor. But if the car overheats while you are moving down the road, than there is more problem than just the fans. Either way, the fans should be coming on when the coolant reaches a certain temperature. On a ’98 the fans might be controlled by a temp sensor and a relay, or they might be controlled by the engine control unit. That was about the time everyone was making the shift. So it could be that there is a problem in the control system. To have that overheating problem properly diagnosed. Your can contact Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your overheating Nissan and let you know what can be done for it.