Q: 95 grand cher. eng turns over wont start, leave ign on and a few min later fuel pump kicks in but relays under hood make noise the

95 grand cherokee, try to start ..wont start, leave ignition on and and a few minutes later I hear fuel pump kick in and the relays under the hood are making noise, when the fuel pump stops the noise from the relays stop, try to crank engine and it fires right up...I can drive to town and go to the store come back out in about an hour and sometimes it will crank up right away and sometimes i have to leave ignition on till the fuel pump kicks in and the relays start making noise all over again, when the noise stops it will fire right up. not sure what the problem is...by the way after it cranks it runs great, does not miss or skip.

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are some tests that you can do to make sure that your fuel pump and fuel delivery system is working correctly. These can be time consuming and difficult to do from home without the right tools. The first thought that comes to mind when you have a delay in the fuel system is the ECU capacitors. The ECU or Electronic Control Unit is also referred to as the PCM or powertrain control module. It is responsible for sending the signals required to active the solenoids and relays that control the fuel system. If these capacitors fail or malfunction, you end up with the exact symptoms that you are having. Replacing or rebuilding the control module is the only way to correct this issue. With something like this, you may want to get a second opinion and have someone inspect the vehicle.

• 95 grand cher. eng turns over wont start, leave ign on and a few min later fuel pump kicks in but relays under hood make noise the