Q: 2007 Mercedes C230. Cranks but won't start. Battery is only 1 year old. After a few attempts car starts. Alternator? Starter?

2007 Mercedes C230. Cranks but won't start. I can hear the fuel pump engage as normal. After a few attempts, it starts. This happened for the first time yesterday, a few hours after getting gas. Battery is only 1 year old.

Bad gas? Alternator? Starter? Fuel delivery system issue?

Hi Craig. Thanks for contacting us today. Generally speaking, when you attempt to start the vehicle and it finally ignites after a few times, it’s caused either by a fuel / air mixture issue or a loose or worn out ignition system component. The mass air flow sensor as well as clogged or dirty fuel injectors can be a few sources, as can a crankshaft or cam position sensor (or the harness connected to them). If you can crank the engine over, then you can eliminate the alternator and starter completely. It might be best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete an onsite inspection, which would allow them to isolate the root issue and recommend or complete the right repairs.

3. 2007 Mercedes C230. Cranks but won't start. Battery is only 1 year old. After a few attempts car starts. Alternator? Starter?