Q: 2005 Sturn L300. Went over a speed bump, I lost power steering and the car RPM's went to 0. Lights turn on, car won't start .

Today, as I went over a speed bump, I lost power steering and the car RPM's went to 0 (non-responsive and seems like the vehicle was off.... just with all the lights on).

I don't believe it to be the battery as the lights work fine. The vehicle just refuses to fully start.

Hi Benjamin. Thanks for contacting us today. It really depends on what was hit or "bottomed out" when you hit the speed bump that might indicate a source. Sometimes, a starter relay will become damaged or the starter motor itself hit. It’s also possible that a ground wire might have come loose or perhaps significant damage has occurred with a transmission or drive-line component. Unfortunately, without completing an on-site inspection, it’s nearly impossible for us to give you the right repair advice.

3. 2005 Sturn L300. Went over a speed bump, I lost power steering and the car RPM's went to 0. Lights turn on, car won't start .