Q: 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe will go in reverse but won’t move in drive

Ivan put the car in reverse and it engages but when I put it in drive it doesn’t engage or move. If I sit and rev it in drive it barely moves

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $440.73 Get a Quote

What you are describing is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.