Q: 2004 bmw 325i hvac blower not powering

The interior blower does not power up. I checked all fuses, replaced the FSR, pulled the blower motor and tested it with 12v dc. All instrumentation appears normal, but something is causing the blower not to power up. What's the likely cause?

In a circumstance like this where the fault is not obvious (e.g., fuse, blower motor resistor block, blower motor open windings), the standard procedure is to use the factory wiring diagram and simply trace the entire circuit from the power source to the motor. The circuit is not that extensive and methodical tracing is a guaranteed way of finding the power interruption. Prior to doing that, you can check the blower motor resistor block (PWM control, or like circuit board), control switch, and all circuit grounds. If you still cannot pinpoint the fault, the recommended service is an electrical component/circuit diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will use the wiring diagram to resolve this. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2004 bmw 325i hvac blower not powering