Q: 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 5spd manual, only moves in 4wd. It turns the front wheels but not the back ones.

My truck doesn't move in 2wd. When I put it in 4wd, it drives just the front wheels. Clutch and transmission feel fine. The rear drive shaft spins while driving, but the rear wheels have no power.

Jack up the vehicle and put it on jack stands with all 4 wheels off the ground. Then put the transfer case in 4WD and put the transmission in gear. Check the driveshaft on the rear and see if its spinning. If the drive shaft is spinning, then the rear differential is broken or the axle shafts are broken. If the drive shaft is not spinning, then the output shaft in the transfer case is broken. If you need further assistance with your 4WD system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 5spd manual, only moves in 4wd. It turns the front wheels but not the back ones.