Q: 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe won't start check engine light,battery and oil turn on

asked by on June 15, 2017

Hi I have a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe with 170,000 miles. Yesterday when I was driving in the freeway my car jolted funny so I pulled Over and turned off the car and looked under the hood. Oils looked fine, battery looked fine it wasn't dead because my lights were still turning on. No leaks no smoke no over heat. When I tried turning the car back on it wouldn't turn over And the check engine,battery and oil light came on I have no idea what this means please help

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Usually when you hear a clunk or loud noise, accompanied by reduced engine performance and then the car won’t start again, it is caused by a mechanical component failure, ranging from a serpentine belt to a failure of the alternator or other electrical system component. It’s also possible that an internal engine component may have failed as well. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can verify what broke and what is causing the issues on your Santa Fe.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr