Q: 2001 chevy cavalier doesn't turn on.Changed starter and ignition switch. Alternator is good and battery is good. Any ideas why it

Car doesn't turn on. Replaces starter and ignition switch. Alternator is good and battery is good. When I try to turn on the car the anti theft light turns on. Would that be the problem? If so how can I fix it? If not what could be some other reasons and solutions?

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several reasons why the vehicle may not start, and several ways to go about diagnosis. You can start by testing the power available at the starter solenoid to see if power is going to the starter when the key is turned. If it is not, you know there is an electrical fault causing the problem. From there you want to look into the security system that your vehicle is equipped with. This may mean scanning the vehicle for anti-left codes, or any other codes present. You should also double check your major electrical connections to the battery, fuse box, alternator, and their ground connections. Make sure they are clean, dry, and tight. For more help with diagnostics and the repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. 2001 chevy cavalier doesn't turn on.Changed starter and ignition switch. Alternator is good and battery is good. Any ideas why it