Q: 1995 Ford F-150 Cranks but won't run

asked by on August 18, 2016

Had a half tank gas,filled it up , now it will crank but wont stay running

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 1995 Ford F-150. You would need to check to see if you have fuel pressure at the fuel rail. If you have pressure and spark, but it will not stay running, then do a fuel test to see if it has excessive water in it. I have seen some that have gotten five or six gallons of pure water from a gas station when there was excessive water in the tank in the ground. There are many other reasons for the car not to start, such as a different problem located in the fuel, ignition, or charging systems. If you need help having this checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting issue and let you know what repairs are needed.