Q: 08 altima 3.5 changed throttle body it idles fine but when you push the accelerator it goes from idling to no more to 1600 rpm

I recently replaced my throttle body because i received codes p2100 and p2101 and now that i replaced it i did the idle relearn and the idle is steady but it wont rev at all it wont go pass 1600rpm and even when it does go to 1600rpm its not as quick as usual. does the dealer have to reset something or is this something i can do?? Everything is installed correctly my car is a 08 altima the new throttle body came off a 13 jx35 infiniti.

As you may know, after cleaning or replacing the throttle body your car needs to go through a "re-learning" process (in some cases more than once or twice) to bring the idle back down. Try doing the following which should bring the idle back down to a normal operating level:

1) Start the engine and let it idle in park for 3 minutes. During that period the idle may be higher idle than normal. 2) After 3 minutes, turn the engine off and leave it off for 60- seconds. 3) Start the engine again and let it idle in park for 3 minutes one more time. During these run periods you may see a check engine light. Scan for codes and if you get throttle body related codes, clear them. 4) If the idle speed is still off, drive the vehicle at speeds above 45-mph and operate several acceleration and deceleration cycles. Then repeat step #3 one last time.

This should bring your idle back down to normal. Should you need further help with this, please reach out to us here at YourMechanic as we are always here to help.

3. 08 altima 3.5 changed throttle body it idles fine but when you push the accelerator it goes from idling to no more to 1600 rpm