Q: 05 Impala will go into reverse but losing fowars gear

I have a 05 Chevy Impala engine runs strong but losing foward gears but can reverse with no problem what could be the reason? Is it worth to fix or would it be better to scrap?

Hi there. It really depends on what is causing the issue as to whether or not it’s worth finding a different vehicle. In some cases, problems like this are caused by internal transmission hydraulic lines that are clogged with debris. In most cases, this can be resolved by having a professional mobile mechanic completing a transmission fluid service. In other cases, it’s due to internal component damage requiring an expensive transmission rebuild. You might want to start with the inexpensive transmission fluid service. If that doesn’t resolve the problem, it might be time to search for a different vehicle.