Q: 02 Volvo s40 turbo. Engine was knocking then died. Now it spins really fast won't start

My car was knocking. Checked oil ...even changed the oil Started to work and the car died. Now it spins real fast like it has no compression. Any advice?

This sounds much like a potentially blown head gasket. I would recommend performing a compression leak down test if you have the proper tools. All cylinders should read at least 180-215 psi. The knocking may have been related to anything that could have caused this such as a bent valve or any other broken valve train components that may have caused the car to die. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your cars inability to start issue and repair.

• 02 Volvo s40 turbo. Engine was knocking then died. Now it spins really fast won't start